Sunday, August 1, 2010

C'Mon Taz Cheetah Skinnies??

Bossip: For real, what’s with those cheetah pants?
Taz: I got these pants at a premier store in Tokyo while shooting the “Stronger” video with Kanye. The store was called Loveless and the pants were so cold! When I bought the pants and tried them on, cats was like’ Aw, you trippin, you can’t wear them pants. And, this is Kanye!This was two years ago, and this was the first time that somebody said some shit about it. Even when I first bought them, even I was feeling crazy, like ‘These pants are tight as fuck,‘ he laughs. But, this shit is fly, though. Like, some superhero shit. There was a girl there and I asked her if I should get the ones I had on or the tighter ones. I tried on the tighter ones and she said, “That’s sexy.” So I said ‘Well, fuck what Kanye said, I’m getting the pants!”
That picture got out and people were like, ‘Yo, that dude looks crazy.’ But, I’m like no that dude’s been on that. Now, I’m stepping out as a designer, as a professional. Style is a hobby of mine. It goes back to the Harlem Renaissance and the Black Wall street in Tulsa, Oklahoma. That’s where my roots are from. I’m from a long line of dignified people. I’m colorful with my demonstration, but I’m from a long line of actors. Luckily, I know who I am, and I feel free enough to express myself as an artist, like a white dude might. Like, a rock star might I am a rock star!
When you meet designers, this is how they dress. You know, when their minds were liberated in the seventies and the late sixties? We’re not in that zone anymore. Everything is brown, beige, black burgundy, and anytime you wear any color, it’s a problem. Shit’s just lame right now.
Bossip: The group picture of you and Kanye in Paris had everyone questioning your sexuality. You want to clear that up?
Taz: I can’t speak for everybody in that collective. I can speak for myself. I know Kanye pretty well. Really the blame for that…is probably me, man. I’m inspiring these kids to be brave and try to be fashion designers and shit like that, you know? So, I take the blame. I’m the one with the most flamboyant shit on. But, I’m the one who knows that science behind that. In regards to being gay, when you look up the term gay, gay means happy. Now, homosexual, means fucking a man. And, that’s what I definitely don’t do. Anybody that knows me knows how I get down. You want to know about me, ask your bitch about me. Let your girl tell you how fresh the style is. Women get it more than dudes.
People have to educate themselves. Take a trip to your local library. Smoke a joint and go to the beach and just meditate every once and while. I’ve been blessed to be able to travel around the world, so I’m more open-minded. Since 1992, I’ve been going to Paris. I kind of share my nationalistic standpoint, and all its values. I’m trying to inspire other people to be free as well…other people who aren’t lucky enough to travel.
Bossip: You claim to be a scientist, what do you mean by that?
Taz: If I wear a green jacket, it’s symbolic of my heart chakra, because I know about my seven selves. They call it the chakra system. It’s seven different colors and it’s called the inner rainbow that everybody and everyone has. These are things that you’ll find coded in your Bible or your Coran, or your Torah. It’s for people who are a educated and are privileged to have a proper education, developing the mind and knowing the philosophy or psychology of something. It’s like a ladder. At the bottom, it’s red and the top it’s a bright violet, almost white. Red represents fire, your lower self and your animal self. Symbolic for the first stage; creation. It’s right there at your reproductive organs. Your animal self. If I’m wearing cheetah pants, it’s because I’m putting the right shit that’s supposed to go on my lower self, my animal self, because I know the science behind it. I don’t just wear clothes, this shit is like a demonstration. It’s art.
Bossip: When did you get on the scene?
Taz: In 1998, I got on with Dr. Dre and I had a distribution deal with Aftermath records. I helped Dre do The Chronic album. That was my introduction to the industry. I was there when Eminem first came.
Bossip: Tell me about your group, Sa-ra?
Taz: Sa-ra is three cats in a rock band. Sa-ra is apart of Kinetic Science If you look it up, “Ra” would mean light, fire and masculinity. “Sa” means “of.” So, Sa-ra means of the light; of God. Children of God is also what it translates to. Sa-ra’s been the biggest secret in the music industry for four years. Sa-ra, was initially signed to Kanye’s Good Music, but his label was dropped by Interscope. We produced for John Legend, Erykah Badu Herbie Hancock, Jill Scott and Bilal. Man, we produced tracks for everybody. We’re coming out with an album in July called The Nuclear Evolution: The Age of Love. It’s very, very creative. We produced Erykah’s latest album: New Amerykah. It has ten tracks and we produced five.

Bossip: What’s the sound of the album?

Taz:It’s like Jimmy Hendrix mixed with Dr. Dre. Public Enemy. But, it’s also like Billy Strayhorn with Duke Ellington and they compositions they made. It’s real cool. It’s for intellects. It’s not for muthafuckas that’s not trying to read a book. It’s really to wake stupid people up, but, moreso, for intellectuals and creative people to enjoy.
Bossip: What’s the deal with TI$A?
Taz: TI$A is my new brand. All of the new ruckus about my outfit and the pants, that’s all under TI$A. On the fashion stuff, I’m known in L.A. since the 80’s. I’m a known shoplifter, a famous shoplifter from L.A. that collected Polo. On some street shit, I’m known in Chicago, New York, and probably parts of Atlanta, Florida, Dallas and Detroit as a street dude for polo fashion boosting. I did that from 1988 to 1998. When I got with Dr. Dre, I went cold turkey and stopped boosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment